Nigerian Navy DSSC recruitment 2020/2021 (Course 28) – In today’s recruitment guide, I am going to show you everything you need to know about The Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 28 recruitment 2020 including the application portal, starting date, closing date, registration and login, salary structure and how to apply online on www.joinnigeriannavy.com
If you have been asking the questions like:
- Is Nigerian Navy DSSC Course 28 recruitment 2020/2021 form out?
- When will Nigerian Navy DSSC Course 28 recruitment start in 2020?
- Nigerian Navy DSSC Course 28 recruitment application portal www.joinnigeriannavy.com
- Requirements for Nigerian Navy DSSC 2020/2021 (course 28)
- how to apply for Navy DSSC recruitment 2020/2021
You are on the right page where you will get answers to all your questions related to Nigerian Navy DSSC recruitment. Let’s begin right away.
Table of Contents
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
5. All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
6. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
7. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
8. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 20 February 2021, except Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants who should not be more than 30 years and 40 years respectively.
9. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the
heads of their units.
10. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test.
The Nigerian navy DSSC recruitment requirements 2020 for each department can be found below:
BSc/HND in the following disciplines:
- a. Nautical Sciences.
- b. Criminology.
- c. Psychology.
- d. Sociology.
- e. Forensic Sciences.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
2. Accounts and Budget:
Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- a. Catholic Mission.
- b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD Education in the following fields are also eligible:
- a. English Language.
- b. Mathematics.
- c. Physics.
- d. Chemistry.
- e. Biology.
- f. Bio chemistry.
- g. Microbiology.
- h. History.
- i. Library Science (B.Sc).
- j. Computer Science.
- k. Guidance and Counseling.
- l. French Language.
- m. Chinese Language.
- n. Arabic Language.
B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
- a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
- b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
- c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
- Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
6. Human Resource Management:
B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
- a. Human Resources Management.
- b. Personnel Management.
- c. Public Administration.
- Membership of National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- a. Cartography.
- b. Surveying/Geoinfomatics.
- c. Geophysics.
- d. Physical Oceanography.
- e. Geology.
- Membership of National Institute of Statistics or proficiency in Computer Programming/Data Analysis would be an added advantage.
- Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
BA/MA in Islamic Studies in the following:
- a. Islamic Studies (Qira’at).
- b. Islamic Studies (Hadith).
- c. Islamic Studies (Jurisprudence).
- d. Islamic Studies (Theology).
- Diploma in Counseling Psychology will be an added advantage.
B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
- a. Mass Communication.
- b. Journalism.
- c. Public Relations.
- d. Printing Technology.
- e. Cinematography.
- f. Television Production.
- g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
- Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
10. Information and Communication Technology:
B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
- a. Website Development and Management.
- b. Networking and Network Administration.
- c. Programming Multimedia and Software Development.
- d. Server and Database Administration.
- e. Information and Cyber Security.
- Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
- Must be a fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College or West Africa College of Physicians or Surgeons.
- Must possess current practicing license of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Candidate’s age limit is 40 years by 20 February 2021.
B. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons:
- MBBS, MBBCh or equivalent.
- Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
- B.Pharm/Doctor Pharmacy degree and full registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current practicing license.
D. Medical Lab Science:
- Either a BMLS or AIMLS/equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
E. Dental Therapist:
- HND Dental Therapy must possess current professional practicing license.
- Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography with current practicing license.
- B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
- Doctor of Optometry.
- Must be fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
I. Medical Records/Health Information Management:
- Minimum of BSc/HND required with current practicing license.
- B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition.
- Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with current practicing license.
K. Clinical Psychology:
- BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology, with current practicing license.
L. Biomedical Engineer:
- BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering with current practicing license.
M. Public Health Officer:
- BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education.
- Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registrations Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
N. General Nursing/Midwives:
- B.NSc RN/RM with current practicing license.
- Post basic qualification in any of the following fields will be an added advantage:
- (1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
- (2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
- (3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
- (4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
- (5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
M. Hospital Administration:
- BSc/HND Hospital Administration with current practicing license.
- BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
- BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
- a. Transport Management.
- b. Economics, Business Management or Marketing.
- c. Architecture.
- d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
- e. Civil Engineering.
- f. Quantity Survey.
- g. Structural Engineering.
- h. Estate Surveyor and Valuers.
- i. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
15. Legal Service:
- LLB and BL (Call to Bar Certificate and a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience required).
- LLM in International Maritime Law, International Law or Forensic Law is an added advantage.
You can apply and join the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) on the Navy recruitment portal www.joinnigerianavy.com.
However, the portal is yet to be opened for online applications. Therefore, you cannot register yet.
I will update this page immediately the Nigerian Navy DSSC 28th course recruitment begins. Until then, continue reading to know the requirements for Navy DSSC form 2020.
- DIA Recruitment
- DSS Recruitment
- NCC Recruitment
- ICPC Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army 80RRI Recruitment
- State Security Service Recruitment
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment
- Customs Service Recruitment
- ICPC Recruitment
Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free of charge and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
That is all for now on Nigerian Navy DSSC 28th course recruitment 2020/2021. Don’t forget to share using the buttons below. Thanks.